PaintballPlay Paintball at Paintball Place Krugersdorp. Our experience in Milsim and Scenario games will give you unforgettable experience.
What is paintball:
Paintball is a sport or a game that has been played for the past 20 years in over 100 countries worldwide by millions of men and women of all ages. Paintball is a challenging sport with different game formats. Usually a group of players are divided into two teams which consist of between 5 and 100 depending on the size of the playing field. The object of the game is to eliminate the opposing team by ‘tagging’ them with a paintball expelled from a special air gun called a “paint gun” or “marker”. The game time is between 20-45 minutes depending on the size of the field and number of players. Referees are always on the playing field to check and determine if players have been tagged. Referees also remove players from the game if the safety rules are violated. Between games players take a break to check their equipment, get more paintballs and have a snack. Paintball is a character building sport. Players learn about team work, develop leadership skills and gain self confidence all while having fun. Win or lose everyone has a good time and a great story to tell!
We offer two different packages for our paintball players R190.00 and R250.00. Smaller package is excellent choice for any new player as it gives you enough paintballs to play a few games and see how you like it. Additional paintballs can be purchased for both packages for only R60.00 / 100 paintballs so even if you run out, you can always get more!
If your group consists of players that are younger than 10 years old, we strongly recommend our PeeWee package as it features markers which are much more suitable for younger kids.
What is included in the packages?
All the basic safety equipment as well as the equipment required for playing the game is included in both our packages; mask, protective snood, overall, protective gloves, chest/back protection, belt to hold your extra paint and of course your marker.
Please note that you are allowed to use your own marker but make sure that the velocity is set to below 280 fps. DNA staff will gladly help you set up the correct velocity.
Please also note that we only allow FIELD PAINT this is mainly due to safety reasons.
Rules and Game Play
Paintball is an extreme sport and as such, certain safety rules have to apply. You will notice that there are 5 main safety rules which are taken very seriously. The only other “rule” is that you have fun. Before each game, the master ref calls a safety briefing where you will go through all rules and regulations.
- Safety masks must be worn at all times during game play and while on the field. At no time may the player remove his safety mask inside the game area. Should you get shot on the goggles or goggles fog up to the extent where you cannot see, raise your hand and ask for assistance from the referee. This is the most important rule, which it is why it is rule No 1. Any player found removing or even lifting his goggles while in the gaming area will be expelled from the game.
- All paintball markers will be left in the field after game play. At no time what so ever will the paintball marker leave the field.
- There is a minimum range of 5m. At no time will players get closer than 5m and shoot each other
- If you are hit by a paintball and that paintball breaks on you, you are considered as out. If however the paintball does not break on you, you are not out. However, if you call yourself out and the paintball has not broken, you are still out.
- No overshooting, in other words, once a player has been “tagged”, under no circumstances will you continue shooting him.
- Do not pick up paintballs from the ground. They are considered as dead paintballs and could cause damage to the equipment and could hurt fellow players.
- Do not shoot the referees, they are there to assist you. Shooting a referee unnecessarily could cause you to be expelled from the game.
There are multiple scenarios to choose from. Each scenario is an average of 20 min long depending on the group or event. Game play and scenarios can be played with any of the following:
- 68 caliber paintball games for the ages of 12 and up
- 68 caliber mini tank games for the ages of 12 and up (the only mini tanks in Cyprus and South Africa).
- 50 caliber games for ages 4-10(PEEWEE)
- 50 caliber zombie games for ages 8 – 11